The house was built in 1913 by the 26 years old fisherman, Samuel Morris.
Married with 2 children, Robert-John and Harry, Samuel Morris died in 1974 at the age of 86.
He had a lot of nephews and nieces who used to call the house Uncle Sam's House.
Then the house belonged to Dave Johnson , for many years, who was the last continuous resident.
In 2013 the house is bought by Stephen Power and Murray Noseworthy of M and S Holdings located in St-Johns who also owns other properties on Trinity Bight. They saved the house by completely remodeling it in 2013. The work was done by Vokeys Construction of Trinity.
In September 2016, René Lavoie living in Quebec City bought the house. He immediatly hired Paul Spurrell as Manager of the " Jewell ".
Paul had " introduced " the house to René when he visited the ares . Paul's wife, Krista are going to assist us.
René Lavoie is born in 1958, in Chandler, Gaspé Peninsula, Province of Quebec, Canada. He studied at Laval University where he obtained a Industrial Relation Diploma. René is a sale's agent in Quebec (Door's and Windows components), travelling all over Canada. His wife Michèle also loves NFLD.
René decided to rename Samuel's house : SAM'S Treasure Chest. The kids are going to love the " Pirate's Theme " and we guess the parents and grand-parents too.
René Lavoie, Proud owner
Paul Spurrell, Manager
Krista Spurrell, Assistante
Phillys Baileys, Assistante